Certified Medication Aide

Home/Academics/Certification Courses/Certified Medication Aide

CMA Course


CMA courses provide students with basic training in medications and medication administration. The course will prepare students for employment in a long-term care facility while under the supervision of an LPN or RN.

Information covered includes topics within Practice, Communication, Infection Control, Safety and Drug Administration, Drugs and Body Systems and Administration of Medication.

The course is developed with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s Kansas Medication Aide Curriculum as the backbone of the course.

Course time includes lecture, skills lab and clinical components. Successful completion of the course and all required hours will mean that the student is eligible to take the State CMA Certification Test.

An active Kansas CNA certification is required to begin the course.

707 Wheat Ridge Circle
Goodland, KS 67735

208 W. 2nd Street
Goodland, KS 67735

Linda Allaman

The Certified Medication Aide training is a 4 credit hour course.

High School Student Tuition Waiver

Click here to view the CMA Brochure

Current high school juniors and seniors are eligible to receive a tuition waiver through the Career and Technical Education legislation, Excel in CTE. Please indicate whether you are a current high school student on the registration form to be eligible for the tuition waiver.

Monday & Thursday Evenings
January 29- March 5
4:00 – 9:00 pm

Saturday & Sunday
February 17 & 18
7:00 a m- 4 :00 p m

March 3 & 4
7:00 am- 4:00 pm

1. Must be at least 16 years of age to challenge the Kansas Medication Aide Test.

2. An active Kansas CNA certification.

Note: Some criminal convictions may disqualify a person from employment in the field.

The next course is scheduled to start January 29, 2018. Click here to register.

For further enrollment information click here to e-mail Northwest Tech Admissions or call 785.890.3641.

Current students may add the course by completing an add/drop form at either the admissions or academic affairs office.